[Open-graphics] Announcement: Minimal X11 driver working on OGD1

Timothy Normand Miller theosib at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:07:38 EDT 2007

We now have a minimal software rendering X11 driver for OGD1 working.
We can change video modes and switch one of the heads between analog
and digital.  This is exactly what we need for OSCON.

In case you're curious about how slow it is, you only notice it when
dragging windows around ("show contents") or scrolling large windows
(like in a web browser).  Otherwise, it doesn't feel any different.
This is certainly suggestive that bitblt is the most important 2D
rendering function.

Many thanks to Paul Brook, Andy Fong, and Howard Parkin for getting this done!

--
Timothy Normand Miller
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~millerti